[uClibc] Cross building Mozilla/Firefox

Seb James seb at hypercubesystems.co.uk
Wed Jul 21 09:24:30 UTC 2004

Hello List,

I notice that back in January a few people were trying to build Mozilla
for uclibc and were having problems ranging from compile errors to
runtime problems with libraries.

Since then no postings about Mozilla.

I had a (very) quick try with the Mozilla code, using uClibc 0.9.26, but
gave up when I was informed that my cross-g++ wouldn't work:

---------
checking whether the C++ compiler (/data/projects/buildroot.X3/build_i586/staging_dir/bin/i686-linux-uclibc-g++  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler cannot create executables.
make: *** [/data/projects/buildroot.X3/build_i586/mozilla/.configured] Error 1
--------

(Note that my buildroot-built (gcc-3.3) toolchain had the following in
the Makefile:
GCC_USE_SJLJ_EXCEPTIONS:=--enable-sjlj-exceptions
INSTALL_LIBSTDCPP:=true)

Anyway - the question is, has anyone persisted with (cross)compiling
Mozilla recently? Success or failure?

Seb James.