[uClibc] Using buildroot: automake fails when host is Mandrake 9.2

Pablo Di Noto pdinoto at conectividad.com.ar
Tue Jul 20 20:17:57 UTC 2004

Hi,

While builing a complete toolchain with buildroot (complete=with GCC and
all the development libraries), I found that automake fails:

> The installed version of autoconf does not work.
> Please check config.log for error messages before this one.

without finding autoconf. Autoconf is there, of course.

I found the reason in the way Mandrake 9.2 uses autoconf, having 2
versions installed with a perl script deciding which one to launch. For
some reason when checking version, automake 2.1 was called. When testing
  if it runs, automake 2.5 was ran.

Solution: Remove both automake versions, and autoconf RPMS (with rpm -e
--nodeps) and compile and install fresh versions in place (with
--prefix=/usr).

Hope it helps,
///Pablo