[uClibc] Dropbear compilation troubles w/uClibc

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Sat Jul 17 02:23:32 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 07:24:19PM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> On Thursday 15 July 2004 00:32, Erik Andersen wrote:
> > On Wed Jul 14, 2004 at 12:56:28PM +0200, Nick Jennings wrote:
> > >  Why not just use
> > >
> > > TARGETS:='zlib dropbear_sshd'
> >
> > I suppose that would work.  Buildroot has not really been focused
> > on being consistant or user-friendly.  In an ideal world,
> > everyone would use something like uwoody, or the recently
> > announced gentoo port built with uClibc, etc, and mjn3 and I
> > could then discard buildroot and let others do all the work of
> > bootstraping new systems.  Sadly, I suspect that will not happen
> > till we get the uClibc 1.0 release out,
>
> It probably won't happen until the "-host=$ARCH-linux-uclibc" patch to gcc and
> binutils get accepted,

Those should be in reasonable shape, although they would likely take some
minor tweaking to update to current cvs.

>             and whatever fixes are necessary to whatever package
> to get libstdc++ to work out of the box.

You referring to the necessary support routines required to interface
libstdc++ with the underlying libc.  Such patches will not be submitted
upstream until I have done the planned rewrite of internal locale
support prior to the 1.0 uClibc release, as I want complete local
control of such code until the interface stabilizes.

> After that, building a uclibc system becomes a lot easier...

That is the goal.

Manuel