[uClibc] uwoody installation

Dominique Jacquel dom at dcoded.co.uk
Thu Jul 15 23:33:05 UTC 2004

hello all,

I have been trying to install uwoody inside a vmware virtual machine all
day without luck. Can anybody point me towards a detailed howto for
installing uwoody on a blank machine? I have copied the uwoody dist
files on my local http server to do a net install. So far I have tried
booting from the debian rescue + root disks and doing the following

wget the uwoody debootstrap script into /usr/lib/debootstrap/scripts
run "debootstrap --arch i386 uwoody /target http://my.webserver/debian"

with no luck (debs get downloaded but some tar problem make the install
fail).
I have tried the same command in knoppix 3.4 without much more success.
With knoppix, I make a copy of /usr/lib/debootstrap in a rw dir and
define DEBOOTSTRAP_DIR before running debootstrap.

I would appreciate hearing from people who successfully installed
uwoody. What is your advice on the best way to get uwoody installed.

Thank you.
Dom.

--
Dr Dominique Jacquel