[uClibc] toolchain on OS X

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Jul 13 16:50:04 UTC 2004

On Monday 12 July 2004 10:16, Bryan Larsen wrote:
> I've also been trying to build toolchains on Apple OS X as well as an
> i386 Linux box.
>
> On OS X, I have the following additional problems:
>
> 1) reliance on GNU tools:
>
> cp -a in Makefiles

A) According to the man page, this is shorthand for -dpR, so it shouldn't be
hard to change it to something the OSX version can handle.

B) busybox cp handles -a (in 1.00-pre10, anyway).

> the sed script in the the ancient busybox 0.60.4 busybox.sh included
> with Snapgear/uClinux only worked with Gnu sed.

I extensively reworked busybox sed late last year, and it should be able to
handle any sed script you throw at it now.

You have to get the 1.00-pre releases to get that, though.  0.60.4 is
something like 2 years out of date at this point.

Rob
--
www.linucon.org: Linux Expo and Science Fiction Convention
October 8-10, 2004 in Austin Texas.  (I'm the con chair.)