[uClibc] complete e2fsprogs and dump/restore for buildroot?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Jul 12 02:46:44 UTC 2004

On Sunday 11 July 2004 09:47, Matthias Kilian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> did anyone manage to include the complete and current e2fsprogs, including
> libraries, and Stelian Pop's dump/restore into the buildroot magic?
>
> I just tried it. However, dump/restore's configure requires additional
> CPPFLAGS="-I $(TARGET_DIR)/usr/include" LDFLAGS="-L $(TARGET_DIR)/lib",
> and, even worse, libext2fs.so is dynamically linked against
> /lib/libc.so.6.

This works for me in my build script (modulo wordwrap damage):

cd /sources &&
tar xvjf buildtools/e2fsprogs-1.34.tar.bz2 &&
mkdir e2fsprogs-build &&
cd e2fsprogs-build &&
../e2fsprogs-1.34/configure --prefix=/usr --with-root-prefix=""
--enable-elf-shlibs --disable-nls &&
make &&
make install &&
make install-libs &&
cd .. &&
rm -rf e2fsprogs-build e2fsprogs-1.34

That's using Mazur's 2.6 headers, uclibc 0.9.26, and rather a lot of busybox
(but not all of it).

> Both configure scripts seem to be broken in some way. Unfortunately,
> I'm not an autohell magician, so I'm currently stuck.

Do a ./configure in a glibc environment with "./configure ... 2>&1 | tee
glibc.txt", and then do the same thing in the uclibc environment (just the
configure, don't actually make), and then do a diff -ru between the two
directories.

That's how I debugged it all, anyway...

> Ciao,
> 	Kili

Rob
--
www.linucon.org: Linux Expo and Science Fiction Convention
October 8-10, 2004 in Austin Texas.  (I'm the con chair.)