[uClibc] toolchain & buildroot script understanding...

Glenn R Heard Jr gheard at zoominternet.net
Sat Jul 10 23:56:25 UTC 2004

Hi again,

 I just used both buildroot and toolchain scripts from CVS compiled on an
i386 RedHat 9 for target ARM ( ARM920T specifically ). The build ran
flawlessly... even with my supplied kernel headers from a linux-2.4.26-vrs1
patched kernel ( vrs1 is for arm from arm.linux.org.uk many fixes... ). I
let both buildroot and toolchain download their desired binutils gcc and the
latest snapshots for uClibc and busybox... no build errors at all. I was,
however, a bit startled when toolchain wanted to start installing things in
/usr/lib and /usr/bin... still haven't let that happen just yet.

Erik,
    Could you confirm that toolchain is behaving in an okay cross tool
fashion when it wants to install the finished cross-compiler into /usr/lib
and /usr/bin? An okay from you will go a long way.

Thanks,

Glenn Heard
Software Engineer
Altronic Inc