[uClibc] uCgentoo - x86 pre everything

Ned Ludd solar at gentoo.org
Wed Jul 7 18:23:08 UTC 2004

For anybody(developers) interested Peter S. Mazinger and myself are
tackling native-uclibc support right now for gentoo and we hope to offer
a variety of build profiles for various devices. Right now we have
established a relatively small base which allowed me to build a misc 146
pie-ssp security based packages or so using the gentoo portage/ebuild
system.

Over the next few months we will hopefully tackle x86/mips/arm/ppc
(other arches I don't care about) and mering in basic ipkg and multi
package functionality.

For those interested in (testing for developers only) a mirror of the
compiled packages can be found here
http://oc12.net/~solar/gentoo/uclibc/x86/packages/ Be sure to snag a
copy of this and extract it to your target $ROOT and
http://oc12.net/~solar/gentoo/uclibc/x86/etc.portage.tgz (wont be needed
in the future) But for sure get everything in the subdir named build/
and everything in world/ is optional. To deploy this stuff on a device
you really wont need anything other than your standard uclibc & busybox
packages. No perl/python/gcc/ld/etc...

Then just merge the packages with
ROOT=/mnt/uCgentoo emerge -k pkgname.tbz2
That's it.. You can install a base system in about 10 mins and probably
build a ton of things to fit most of your funky desires.

-peace.

--
Ned Ludd <solar at gentoo.org>
Gentoo (hardened,security,infrastructure,embedded,toolchain) Developer