[uClibc] Strange dynamic symbol in PPC

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Mon Jan 26 16:43:19 UTC 2004

Hello,

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 05:26:30PM +0100, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. I am not using Java, just standard buildroot from CVS. I am trying to improve ldso for PPC.
> Is it appropriate for busybox to contain this symbol and relocate it to address 0?

Yes since a weak reference is contained in the crtbegin stuff.  The
value of the function pointer is checked to be non-null before it is
called.  If you were using gcj and libgcj then it would be non-null.

As an aside, gcj does seem to work on for staticly linked apps.
Unfortunately, dynamicly linked apps trigger the long-standing bug
in the shared lib loader.  I've mentioned it to Erik.

Manuel