[uClibc] can't compile toolchain

Scott scott.bullock_linux at bigpond.com.au
Sun Jan 25 09:35:45 UTC 2004

Hello all,
            I am trying to compile the uclibc toolchain, I started with
the the tgz snapshot and then the current release, then went to cvs, all
fail with the build of binutils >>

make[3]: *** [arlex.c] Error 1

<<
is the first error, I would put this down to the fact that arlex.c dose
not exist in the source that is automagically downloaded of
binutils-source as far as I can tell (binutils-2.14.90.0.6.tar.bz2)

rest of errors >>

make[3]: Leaving Directiory '`working
dir`/toolchain_build_i686/binutils_build/binutils
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving Directiory '`working
dir`/toolchain_build_i686/binutils_build/binutils
make[1]: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving Directiory '`working
dir`/toolchain_build_i686/binutils_build/binutils
make *** [all-binutils] Error 2

<<

while that is probably a problem for the binutils developers, where can
I find older versions of the toolchain, maybey something that deals with
earlier versions of the gcc would be good to know.

Also, I have had a working version uclibc using version 0.9.16 and the
wrappers built with the package, Why dont these wrappers get
built/installed with the current ( 0.9.26 )
version of uclibc, while a completly functional tool-chain is desirable,
the wrappers would be fine but they arn'et there.

All help will be gretly appreciated