[uClibc] gcc-3.3.2 building problem

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Sun Jan 25 07:42:21 UTC 2004

Hello,

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 08:07:35AM +0100, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Jan 2004, Manuel Novoa III wrote:
>
> Replace the "procedure" below with the attached patch for all config.guess
> (inspired from dietlibc). It won't cover the different flavours of uclibc
> (thread/locale etc), but works for gcc.

That's fine if all you want to support is i*86...

See http://uclibc.org/lists/uclibc/2004-January/007954.html for
a more comprehensive proposal.

> Maybe to test usability, you could modify buildroot, so that the modified
> config.sub and config.guess are always overwriting those from orig.
> sources.

I've already tested config.sub changes in buildroot.  I decided not
to commit them for the time being since it wasn't necessary for anything
other than gcc, binutils, and gdb.  Modifying config.guess in buildroot
isn't necessary at all, since we always pass build, host, and target
options to configure.

If you want to experiment, feel free.  But until there's been some
discussion on the list about what config.guess should report, I'm
not going to waste any time hacking up buildroot when I have actual
uClibc devel stuff to do.  Buildroot has already sucked up too much
of my time the last few weeks.

Manuel