[uClibc] getting Moz to compile with uclibc

bk/sm void at dodo.com.au
Sun Jan 25 16:35:43 UTC 2004

Rob,
I'm also using v0.9.24, Erik's prebuilt root filesystem.
I have successfully compiled Firebird 0.7 and Mozilla
1.0.2.

The problem is, Firebird won't start. I haven't tried
any debugging, basically because I'm still fairly new in
the Linux/Unix compiling/testing environment.
There is some disk activity then it just exits.

Moz 1.0.2 works fine.
I had an error when compiling, something to do with the libIDL
package. I'm using v0.6.8 an old version that runs with glib-1.2.
Firebird is happy with this version of libIDL (later versions
of libIDL need glib2).
The problem is in the typelib/ folder, so I just copied the entire
typelib/ folder from Firebird to Moz, and then Moz compiled!

Another problem that drove me crazy was trying to set the "--host"
or "--build" option when configuring. I want to build for a i486,
but --host=i486 caused many problems.
I tried i486-pc-linux and other variants, no go.
So, I left --host option off entirely, but "make distclean" isn't
enough, have to start from a pristine source.
It detects my system as a "i686-pc-linux-gnu", so dunno if Moz is
going to work on a 486.

...I have the Firebird compiled tarball, want it? If there is
somewhere I can ftp into and upload it, will do.

Regards,
Barry Kauler