[uClibc] software FP for ARM Xscale?

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Thu Jan 15 21:20:28 UTC 2004

Hello,

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 12:52:01PM -0700, Vernon wrote:
> I am compiling for ARM XScale using the current toolchain build tree. (
> gcc-3.3.x)
> It is configured for hardware FP  (HAS_FPU=y) but Xscale has no FPU
> If I change it to NO,  then I get compilation errors.

Changing the HAS_FPU setting in uClibc's config is insufficient
by itself.  All that really does is tell uClibc not to try to
save/restore floating point registers when doing things like
setjmp/longjmp.

> Is there an easy way to compile the toolchain with software FP for ARM
> Xscale?

Amazingly enough, I'm testing an arm soft-float buildroot build right
now.  I should have my latest fixes in buildroot by tomorrow.

Manuel