[uClibc] manually building gcc and binutils

Mario Premke premke at ess-wowi.de
Thu Jan 15 09:46:28 UTC 2004

Hello,
I want to build a gcc 3.3.2 and binutils 2.14 in a way that they use uClibc
as the standard library. Since I don't want to build a cross compilation
enviroment, I first build uC-libc with my original gcc and now configure

the binutils with
'--includedir=/PATH_TO_UCLIBC/include --libdir=/PATH_TO_UCLIBC/libc --prefi
x=/BIN_DIR'
and gcc with
'--with-headers=/PATH_TO_UCLIBC/include --with-libs=/PATH_TO_UCLIBC/libc --
prefix=/BIN_DIR'

Will that build a gcc which takes uC-libc as it's standard library?

Thanks
Mario