[uClibc] debian root_fs_i386.bz2 problems

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Mon Jan 12 18:11:56 UTC 2004

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Ken Moffat wrote:

>  I can vaguely remember seeing something similar once, I believe it was
> a problem with my chroot command (i.e. a non-supported option on the
> host).  Haven't needed to chroot recently, but perhaps you need to
> already be in the new '/' before you run the chroot command.
>
>  I'll try chrooting into the root_fs from my box running Woody, and post
> the commands in a little while.

And here they are:

mount -t ext2 -o loop=/dev/loop0 /path/to/root_fs /mnt

cd /mnt

chroot /mnt /usr/bin/env -i HOME=/root TERM=$TERM /bin/bash --login

HTH.  Of course, once you do get in, you'll need to mount something to
get enough space to build things. and you'll probably need to mount
/proc to be able to mount anything else.

Ken
--
This is a job for Riviera Kid!