[uClibc] [patch] Inform config.guess about the existence of uclibc.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Jan 10 01:40:50 UTC 2004

This patch is against the version of config.guess in gcc 3.3.2 (I.E. what's
currently in buildroot).  When run in root_fs, it says:

i686-pc-linux-uclibc0.9.21i

When run on Fedora Core 1, it says:

i686-pc-linux-gnu

Note that root_fs (the one I've got, anyway, which still hasn't got a version
number in it) has wchar support but not full internationalization support, so
it's detected as NOT having internationalization support (even though the
binary API it's exporting is one of them halfway thingies...)  The tests are
pretty simple, see the patch for details.

It's no biggie to add another test if "just wchar support" is an API we want
to support (bringing the total number of API combinations to...  6, I think.
Everything, no threads, no wide char, no internationalization, no threads and
no wide char, no threads and no internationalization....)

If a discussion on this has occurred in my absence, I haven't read it yet.
I'm still on the road, queueing this up Friday afternoon in my laptop's
outbox at a McDonalds in Virginia.  When you get this is when I connect to
the internet next, I'll try to catch up this weekend...

Rob