[uClibc] How to compile the gdb to arm platform ?

Trilok Soni trilok_ulug at yahoo.co.in
Fri Jan 9 10:28:16 UTC 2004

Hi,

I hope u need to do setup of gdbserver on your target
and to debug using serial/ethernet connection on your
host. If it is the case..then follow this procedure.

#mkdir $(ARM_ROOT)/build_arm/build_gdb
#cd $(ARM_ROOT)/build/arm/build_gdb
#../gdb-your-version/configure --target=arm-linux
--prefix=$ARM_ROOT
#make
#make install

Hoping that usable gdb for your host is ready. You
need to build server too now

#mkdir $(ARM_ROOT)/build_arm/build_gdb_server
#cd $(ARM_ROOT)/build_arm/build_gdb_server
You may need to change permission..I am not sure...
#chmod u+x ../gdb-your-version/gdb/gdbserver/configure
#CC=arm-uclibc-gcc
../gdb-your-version/gdb/gdbserver/configure
--host=arm-linux --prefix=$ARM_ROOT
#make
#make install

Then u can copy gdbserver to your target and even u
can strip it....and follow the procedure to connect
using serial/ethernet connection...

Regards,
Trilok Soni