[uClibc] GPL compliance

Matthias Kilian kili at outback.escape.de
Fri Jan 2 06:29:48 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 11:30:05AM -0600, Karl Bongers wrote:
> > Full source for the dev systems is available here:
> >     http://www.uclibc.org/downloads/buildroot-sources/
> >
> > > You now have to collect all these sources, make sure they
> > > match the binaries, and have them available for delivery.
> >
> > Yup.  And I do precisely that, despite your assertions to
> > the contrary.  :-)
>
> Woops, sorry about my wild acusations, I should have looked
> harder for your source.  Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Additionally, *providing* sources does not necessarily mean to ship them
with your final product or even to make them public available on an ftp or
http server. If I don't misinterpret the GPL, the minimal requirement is
that you have to give the sources to your customers if they ask for them.

Of course, you should put a label "powerd by linux, uClibc and busybox"
on your toaster to let people *know* that they have a GPLed toaster ;-)

Ciao,
	Kili