[uClibc] building toolchain for 0.9.26 vs 0.9.21

Richard Jones nexer22 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 05:43:02 UTC 2004

I just downloaded the Makefile/scripts for building a
toolchain for uClibc 0.9.26 and noticed that it no
longer seems to support building a cross platform
compiler.  In version 0.9.21, I could specify a
TARGET_PATH=/opt/xxx and have everything built and
installed there.  Now, it seems it wants to install
things under /usr/bin, /usr/lib etc.  Also TARGET_PATH
is now used to specify the path for binaries, not
install directory.

I'm really confused as to the reason for the
changes/differences.  Does this mean I can no longer
use this setup to build a cross compiler/uclibc
environment running on x86 while targeting arm?

Thanks,
Richard