[uClibc] uClibc, buildroot: file-4.06 target error while preparsing magic info

Pablo Di Noto pdinoto at conectividad.com.ar
Sat Feb 21 14:06:26 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I'm using yesterday CVS version of buildroot on a SuSE 8.2 i386 box.
The tricky parts seems to be working, but when compiling target "file",
I consistently get this error:

>Making all in magic
>make[3]: Entering directory `/home/pdinoto/Development/paolix/toolchain-buildroot/buildroot/build_i386/file-4.06/magic'
>cat ./Header ./Localstuff > magic
>for frag in Magdir/acorn Magdir/adi (...) Magdir/zilog Magdir/zyxel; do \
>  if test -f ./$frag; then \
>    f=./$frag; \
>  else \
>    f=$frag; \
>  fi; \
>          cat $f; \
>done >> magic
>/usr/bin/file -C -m magic
>file: magic, 1427: type regex           .+\ -q\         with inverted index invalid
>file: magic, 1428: type regex           .+\ -c\         text (non-compressed) invalid
>make[3]: *** [magic.mgc] Error 1

As far as I can see, those lines come from last rule of Magdir/c-lang.
Removing it continues the makefile successfully.

I'm also copying file-4.06 mantainer, because I'm not sure if it is a buildroot problem, or a file one.
Hope this helps!
///Pablo