[uClibc] buildroot perl questions

Bruno THOMAS bthomas at petit-bulletin.fr
Thu Feb 19 15:48:59 UTC 2004

Hello Erik and all,

I'm currently building a ucLibc development environment on an epia-M
nehemiah mobo. I've used a root_fs and copied in a new partition, then
chroot-ing to it. I want to rebuild the environment with buildroot.

As need perl, I've uncomented the line :
TARGETS+=perl
in the global Makefile

But I have some errors compiling perl. First (and maybe the source of
all errors), there no perl-5.8.0.tag.gz anymore (or I can't find it). So
I changed the perl.mk with perl-5.8.2. In the 5.8.2 there is already a
cross compiling patching dir, so I comented out the line :
#$(PERL_CAT) $(PERL_SOURCE_2) | tar -C $(PERL_DIR) -xvf -
in perl.mk, and patched the perl.patch to fit to the 5.8.2...
But after all, I've seen in the Cross dir that the script
generate_config_sh is using perl....so...

Do I need to compile perl with 'sh Configure' ? or does it should work
with the Makefile, and if so, how ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Bruno