[uClibc] Other languages than C and C++

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Mon Feb 16 22:51:20 UTC 2004

Hello,

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 08:56:17PM +0100, Gunnar Isaksson wrote:
> I like the idea of using full blown crosscompilers as uClibc now is producing.
>
> What would it take to add Fortran or ADA to the set of languages?
>
> I get that questions frequently at work but have no answer to give. Guess ADA
> is most interesting.

While I was working, I did a build for c, c++, java, objc, f77, and ada.
It finished through the gcc final (the cross compiler used by buildroot)
with no problems.  On x86, helloworld programs worked when both staticly
and dynamicly linked in c, c++, java, objc, and f77.  I don't do ada and
hadn't realized that you need to also download and build a frontend.
Don't have time to look at it right now, but I wouldn't expect any
problems.

As far as native compilers, I haven't tried anything other than c, c++,
and java (gcc 3.3.2).  The all build, although java needs a 3 line edit
to a generated Makefile to build successfully.  I haven't tracked that
down yet.

Manuel