[uClibc] Re: busybox install -c behaviour

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Fri Feb 13 07:57:44 UTC 2004

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

> > > Hello!
> > >
> > > I tried to use busybox's install in a dev environment (newly built from
> > > current buildroot/uclibc/busybox, this is the first source built)
> > >
> > > command (ran by make install)is:
> > > install -c <filename> <new-location>/<filename>
> > >
> > > and it tries to install the file into:
> > > <new-location>/<filename>/<filename>
> > >
> > > Interesting enough, it can install 4 files first correctly, only the 5-th
> > > does not work
> > > install -c .libs/rpmb /usr/lib/rpm/rpmb (and rpmd,rpmi,rpmk) works
> > > but install -c .libs/rpmq /usr/lib/rpm/rpmq says
> > > unable to open `/usr/lib/rpm/rpmq/rpmq': No such file or directory
> > > now I run make install again and get 2 files further, after that the error
> > > is repeated
> > > now I run make install again, and it runs to the end.
> > > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Answering myself:
> > I have tested this in a stable uclibc environment, where I have changed
> > only install with busybox install, it works correctly, so I suppose, the
> > changes in uclibc are the problem.
> >
> > Peter
>
> hmm, maybe this is related:
>
> "cd uClibc/test/dlopen"
> "make"
> "../../utils/ldd libtest1.so libtest3.so"
>
> Now ldd will hang in fopen()
>
> This is on powerpc and it happens in current CVS and also before Manuels update of stdio
I've tried it too with before stdio/after stdio, SIGABRT on i386 (I
have added export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=../../lib; before the command, to be
sure that ldd uses the new lib. It works separately for each of
libtest?.so, but not for 2 on the command-line. The same does not happen
if I choose 2 installed libs.

On another note (before stdio)
ldd /lib/libc.so.0 (and ld-uClibc.so.0) says not a dynamic executable
(tried also on the full path, not the link).

Peter