[uClibc] assert test in uclibc

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Tue Feb 10 07:18:20 UTC 2004

On Mon Feb 09, 2004 at 04:28:50PM +0100, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> > Signal 6 (SIGABRT) is handled by the aborthandler() signal
> If this signal is normal, then probably my kernel produces SIGSEGV
> (grsecurity protected kernel). I have to check this if SIGABRT is normal.

It is very likely your kernel has modified signal handling.
Regardless, the test is sucessfull if the app calls abort()
and abort sorts of things happen, which seems to indeed be
the case...

> > handler, rather than performing the default terminate and core
> > dump behavior.  There should not be any signal 11s (SIGSEGV)
> > during the abort test.
> Or should I send an strace output?

Given the nature of the test, I wouldn't worry about it.
We called abort(), abort sorts of things happened....
The fact we couldn't intercept the abort and print a friendly
message is not especially important.