[uClibc] downloaded all tarballs and what's the next?

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Fri Feb 6 18:07:47 UTC 2004

Hello,

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 10:03:48AM +0000, ?? ?? wrote:
> hi,
>  I had downloaded all the tarballs for building buildroot.
> what's the next? I think I can make use of the makefiles of the buildroot
> CVS,
> but I don't know where to put those tarballs?

If you are talking about the source for various packages, they
would go in buildoot/sources/dl/.

> BTW,I want to compile gcc-3.2.2 substitute for gcc-3.3.2,how to modify the
> makefile? thanks!!

You will need to make some minor modifications to make/gcc-uclibc-<ver>.mk.
You will also probably need to modify the gcc patches under sources.  The
configuration stuff should be easy enough to modify.  I don't know about
the libstdc++ patches though as I haven't looked at 3.2.2 to see if
things changed in between.  I do know I will have to modify them to get it
to build correctly with gcc cvs.

Manuel