[uClibc] building arm-linux-uclibc toolchain manually

Miles Bintz miles.bintz at conexant.com
Wed Feb 4 22:35:29 UTC 2004

><arch>-linux-uclibc targets for binutils and gcc.  Specificly they:
>
>1) Add the necessary configuration boilerplate to allow the desired target.

Is the <arch>-linux-uclibc target actually required for anything other than
user-friendliness?  ie.  Can I get away with calling it the "arm-linux"
toolchain without adverse effects?

>3) Specify the correct unwinding code to be used with uClibc

What does unwinding code do?

>4) Tailor the os and locale dependent bits of stdlibc++ support for uClibc.

If you turned internationalization/locale stuff off, are these required?

 > 2) Specify the correct dynamic linker to be used with uClibc.

Assuming that 1, 3, and 4 can simplify to nothing, can #2 be handled with a
simple modification to the specs file?

-Miles