[uClibc] Equivalent of OPTIMIZE_FOR_CPU for newer menuconfig

malk at sidehack.sat.gweep.net malk at sidehack.sat.gweep.net
Fri Dec 24 05:25:53 UTC 2004

> On Thursday 23 December 2004 03:16 pm, malk at sidehack.sat.gweep.net wrote:
> > Is there a better way to accomplish the i586 optimization for
> > everything than what I'm doing?  Always like to hear suggestions
> > from the experts.
>
> nope

Excellent -- Thanks for the quick reply.

> if a package doesnt respect the CFLAGS specified, tell us and we can fix it
>
> using multiple '-march' flags is ok ... the last one to be specified is the on
> that gets used

Yes -- that's cool.
Out of the packages I'm building, the following don't seem to pick up the
-march=i586 from top level menuconfig option and end up getting optimized
for whatever the toolchain defaults to (I assume i386):

udhcp
sfdisk
ntp
ccache
genext2fs

No biggie for what I'm doing, but perhaps others might have more stringent
CPU optimization requirements.

Thanks again,

-Eric Malkowski