[uClibc] Re maxosx and armbe (big endian) problems

Philip Rakity prakity at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 19 09:27:24 UTC 2004

Mike,

The problem is fixed but some observations.  I clicked
the toodchain link
http://www.uclibc.org/toolchains.html and got the gcc
3.3 toosl -- bad  === armeb is NOT here

I then went to
http://www.uclibc.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/toolchain/ and
selected gcc-3.4.x  === armeb is here   (these tools
work with the patches for macosx)

regards,

Philip

on Saturday 18 December 2004 09:29 pm, Philip Rakity
wrote:
> 2) set arch to arm and select big-endian fails
because
> _udiv etc are compiled in little endian (maybe a
note
> in make about arch armbe is needed?)  NOT obvious
why
> one needs to do 3) below since script asks about
> endianness.

when you choose 'arch' in buildroot, it lists 'arm'
and 'armeb'

> 3) change arch to armbe in Makefile.   _udiv
> endianness problem is fixed goes further on and then
> fails with error
> /armeb-linux-uclibc/bin/ld: unrecognised emulation
> mode: armelf_linux
> Supported emulations: armelfb_linux armelfb
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

you need to provide some info
for example, you neglected to mention what versions of
gcc and binutils you're
trying to use
-mike