[uClibc] Problem with discover/expat

Rene Mayrhofer rene.mayrhofer at gibraltar.at
Thu Dec 16 10:04:29 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I am trying since quite some time to get the hardware auto-detection library
discover running with uclibc, but am failing. After a few minor tweaks, both
expat (a dependency of discover) and discover compile successfully. When
executing discover (with the same config files that work flawlessly on a
glibc-compiled discover), I get

discover/discover: XML parsing error.

I am not sure if this is a problem of expat or of discover itself, but it
might as well be expat failing to parse the config file (in the source code
of discover, an expat call seems to return an error, yielding this output by
discover).

Does anybody have experience with expat and/or discover linked with uclibc?

best regards,
Rene