[uClibc] Multiple jobs support for Buildroot

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Sat Dec 11 11:31:35 UTC 2004

On Wed Nov 24, 2004 at 03:35:24PM +0100, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Attached to this mail, you'll find a patch (gzipped, otherwise patch is
> bigger than the 40KB limit) that allows to use the -j
> option of make to run simultaneous jobs. On fast SMPs systems, this
> allows to speed up the compilation of the toolchain and tools.

It seems to me it would be much simpler to instead add a
define for $(MAKE) somewhere such as package/Makefile.in

    MAKE1=make
    MAKE=make -j$(BR2_JLEVEL)

which will allow everything to automagically use the new -j level
and the few apps (such as uClibc) that have broken build
dependancies can use $(MAKE1) instead of $(MAKE).