[uClibc] buildroot and STAGING_DIR nonstandard fails crti.o

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at enix.org
Wed Dec 8 09:31:36 UTC 2004

Hello,

Allan Clark a écrit :

> 3) make STAGING_DIR=/opt/arm-uclibc  -- fails
>
> My intention is to get a usable gcc/uclibc toolchain outside of
> buildroot that has a pathname shorter than
> /home/allanc/buildroot/staging_dir/yada/yada/yada
>
> Am I going about this the wrong way?  Should I just use Thomas's patch?

I also had failures at the beginning when trying to generate the
toolchain outside of buildroot. The solution was to make sure that the
destination STAGING_DIR *doesn't* exist before making buildroot.

I already reported this problem back in mid-september :
http://www.uclibc.org/lists/uclibc/2004-September/009915.html

AFAIK, there hasn't been any correction for this problem. I gave a
possible solution in the mail, but I'm not sure it's the good one.

Hope this helps,

Thomas
PETAZZONI Thomas - thomas.petazzoni at enix.org
http://thomas.enix.org - Jabber: thomas.petazzoni at jabber.dk
http://kos.enix.org, http://sos.enix.org
Fingerprint : 0BE1 4CF3 CEA4 AC9D CC6E  1624 F653 CB30 98D3 F7A7