[uClibc] buildroot compile Segfaults

Ray Charles raycharles_man at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 3 22:32:58 UTC 2004

--- Robert Connolly <robert at linuxfromscratch.org>
wrote:

>> I think he means he wants to build genext2fs
against
> uclibc. The easiest way
> to do that is copy the genext2fs source in the root/
> directory, chroot there
> and build it statically linked. Its better to find
> out why it won't build
> against your host toolchain first though.

My host is runnig uCrux Linux, which includes the
toolchains for my target i386.  This host allready has
uClibc.  Anything I compile will be compiled using
uClibc.

Infact genext2fs builds fine with my hosts toolchain.
It's when I tried to do buildroot, that i got the Seg
Fault on genext2fs.

For the curious out there.. my hosts toolchain doesn't
have support for sys_siglist and that's what prompted
me to build a new toolchain. The FAQ was my guide in
coming to that decission.

To everyone; I am extremly grateful for your help on
this. I've been lurking around uClibc and Busybox for
ages but now I am actually doing a project with it
and it all seems new to me.

---Ray