[uClibc] ld/gcc problem with latest buildroot with i586 target

Steve Rodgers hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com
Tue Aug 31 01:18:45 UTC 2004

None of the specs files in the buildroot directiories have this option in the
file, however, the gcc specs file does contain these lines:

*libgcc:
%{static|static-libgcc:-lgcc -lgcc_eh}%{!static:%{!static-libgcc:
%{!shared-libgcc:-lgcc --as-needed -lgcc_s%M
--no-as-needed}%{shared-libgcc:-lgcc_s%M%{!shared: -lgcc}}}}

Per your response below, is the build system's GCC file poisoning  the
build of GCC for my target, and if so, is it safe to comment these lines out
just for the build?

P.S. I'm new to building a dedicated linux distribution, and I see there's
much to be learned.