[uClibc] Buildroot problem -- iproute2

Rudolf Ladyzhenskii Rudolf.ladyzhenskii at opennw.com
Thu Aug 26 04:20:52 UTC 2004

Hi, all

Still have problems there.

There are actually 3 problems (so far) with iproute2.

1. KERNEL_INCLUDE variable in the iproute2 Makefile gets corrupted and is pointing to wrong directory. Not sure why. Could be something to do with my system setup, but I do not have time now to investigate. Thsi was easily fixed by renaming the variable in the Makefile. I will look into it when I have more time.
Thsi was causing compiling error "Please compile the kernel first".

2. iproute has its own copy of gclib headers that causes problems. I found a patch in teh archives and it got me past this fault (patch removes ../include-glibc from list of include directories).

3. There is a header file conflict between kernel includes and uClibc headers. Here is error as reported by compiler:

/home/shared/tools/buildroot/build_i386/staging_dir/bin/i386-linux-uclibc-gcc -D
_GNU_SOURCE -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wall -Werror -g -include ../include-glibc/g
libc-bugs.h -I/home/shared/tools/buildroot/toolchain_build_i386/linux/include -I
../include -DRESOLVE_HOSTNAMES   -c -o iptunnel.o iptunnel.c
In file included from /home/shared/tools/buildroot/toolchain_build_i386/linux/in
clude/linux/if_tunnel.h:5,
                 from iptunnel.c:32:
/home/shared/tools/buildroot/toolchain_build_i386/linux/include/linux/ip.h:24:1:
 "IPTOS_TOS" redefined
In file included from iptunnel.c:30:
/home/shared/tools/buildroot/build_i386/staging_dir/usr/lib/../i386-linux-uclibc
/sys-include/netinet/ip.h:159:1: this is the location of the previous definition

There are quite a few of those errors.
Looks like iproute2 includes both kernel and user-land header files.

Any ideas how to patch iproute2 to make it compile?

Thanks,
Rudolf