[uClibc] libgloss and related

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Fri Aug 20 19:41:17 UTC 2004

On Fri Aug 20, 2004 at 11:42:41AM -0700, Sterling Augustine wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First, great project. It is exactly what I'm looking for.
>
> Second, even though the libc/sysdeps/README file says I must be smoking
> crack, I have managed to get uclibc compiling and working for simple

Sweet!  mjn3 and I have talked before about porting uClibc to
support newlib's libgloss (crack smoking comments aside :-).
Very cool indeed.  That would come in handy I expect for people
wishing to create device firmware and such.

> I have tried to make the changes as uninvasive as possible. In
> particular, the only changes to shared files are in extra/Configs/...
> and various Makefiles. Of course I added our port related files and a
> libgloss directory and files under sysdeps.
>
> I realize that this may be a direction that the project is uninterested
> in, and I respect that. But is the project interested in patches related
> to libgloss? If so, what would the submission guidelines be? It will be
> a while before I have the code in a state worth contributing, but I'd
> like a little guidance before I proceed further.

I'm assuming your patch will be too large for the mailing list to
accept it, but you can post to the mailing list with a URL link
to your patch, or you can send a copy directly to me and/or mjn3
for review and comment.