[uClibc] Mini libstdc++

Garrett Kajmowicz gkajmowi at tbaytel.net
Fri Aug 20 17:05:15 UTC 2004

> If you want to make a few bucks, you could just try putting up a tip jar on
> your website.  (Paypal link, whatever.)  Also, advertise consulting
> services so people can pay you to customize/extend/support the thing for
> specific projects.
>
> Dual licensing might work, I suppose.  Dunno.  But you're going to prevent
> your thing from becoming a category killer in its niche.  The fact that QT
> is GPL is the reason GTK (which is LGPL) still exists, and if GTK ever gets
> its act together, it will gradually displace QT even if it's less fun to
> program with.  Luckily for Trolltech, the GTK guys are...  I'll stop right
> there.

I will do as you have suggested and change the license - I'm also goign to
make up a web page shortly.  The library is currently in beta (alpha?) state.
I would be happy to send you a copy to play around with.  It has support for
most of the features of the std C++ library.  I'm not quite yet to put it up
on public display - as of yet it needs a build system for easy configuration
designed.  I should also write a wrapper script for the compiler to make
compilation easier (approx. 3 flags need to be passed to the compiler to work
right).

Let me know if you are interested - this could be interesting.

-	Garrett Kajmowicz