[uClibc] 603e performance

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at barco.com
Fri Aug 20 13:19:25 UTC 2004

> could you do some profiling and figure out if there is a small set of
> functions that your apps call continously ?
> perhaps you use a library function heavily that is much faster in glibc than
> uclibc ...

I'll have a look at that, but I see the same difference between the
ppc_82xx-gcc and the powerpc-linux-gcc compiler (not linked against the
uclibc). But that might be something, instead of looking at the gcc
patches, maybe I should go digging in the glibc patches... :-) tnx.

It seems to me to be some option which is enabled in in the sources or I
am doing something incredibly wrong. Since I am convinced that
uclibc/busybox is the best engineering solution, I am anxious to find
out what the difference is >:-)

In the 'incredibly wrong' option, I was looking for some advice :);
especially that I cannot imagine that such a difference between GPL'd
flavours of gcc would go unnoticed :-/