[uClibc] Postfix & uClibc -> __res_search problem

J.A.J. van Belkum aukjan at gfo.nl
Mon Aug 2 11:22:05 UTC 2004

I got the latest CVS and I got it to compile succesfully. Postfix now starts up normally (within UML
system), but as soon as I connect to port 25 (simple telnet) the smtpd is killed by signal 11. I
compiled it with db4.  The errors i get are:

  /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd  killed by signal 11
  /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd: bad command startup

Also the postalias command (so also newaliases) failes with a segfault... So my first guess would be
a problem with db4.  Would it be advisable to use a diffent type of database... (like tinycbd).

Thanks for any insight you might have...

Aukjan