[uClibc] uwoody again

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Fri Apr 30 23:21:28 UTC 2004

On Fri Apr 30, 2004 at 04:01:47PM +0100, Chris Wilson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Am I right that uwoody doesn't include a fakeroot package? This makes is
> quite difficult to build packages from source (including fakeroot
> itself).
>
> Is there a procedure for porting packages from woody to uwoody, or any
> caveats which I should be aware of?

1) Login as (or use sudo or su or whatever) to become root.
2) Make certain you are somehow connected to the internet.
3) run 'apt-get update' if you have not yet done so.
4) run 'apt-get source fakeroot'
5) cd into the fakeroot-* directory
6) run 'dpkg-buildpackage'
7) wait
9) install the newly built fakeroot .deb

Alternately, you could just do the steps up to #3, then do an
'apt-get install fakeroot', since I just built it for you.  :-)
You also might want to run 'apt-get upgrade' since I also fixed
the uclibc-dev problem you reported.