[uClibc] uclibc webserver

erythros erythros at erythros.com
Wed Apr 14 02:30:22 UTC 2004

WOOT!

Well I've done it! Using a standard buildroot setup with only a minor change to the ext2root.mk file:

GENEXT2 INODES=$(shell expr $(shell find $(TARGET DIR) | wc -l) + 800)
GENEXT2 SIZE=8192

I built apache 2.0.49 and php 4.3.5 on separate uclibc build with all the development options selected
in the makefile. I was able to skin apache/php down to 2.7MB. With that added to the slightly modified
standard buildroot output it comes out to 3.8MB. I can compress it down to 1.6MB.

Okay so it doesn't fit on a floppy... I'm going to look into skinning down busybox, cause I don't need
all the functions.

So now all I need to do is look into how to access network drives on Linux and WinXP boxes. So that
my website will be stored on file server rather than on my webserver.

I'm open to ideas, questions, prophecies....