[uClibc] uclibc buildroot - apache2 attempting php

erythros erythros at erythros.com
Sat Apr 10 04:21:34 UTC 2004

hello,

  i used uclibc build root to create a development root fs. i'm using this fer my makfile settings:

TARGETS+=kernel-headers
TARGETS+=busybox tinylogin
TARGETS+=zlib openssl openssh
TARGETS+=coreutils findutils bash make diffutils patch sed
TARGETS+=ed flex bison file gawk tar grep bzip2
TARGETS+=gcc3 3 target ccache target
TARGETS+=ncurses-headers zlib-headers openssl-headers
TARGETS+=m4 autoconf automake libtool

i placed the completed root fs on a second harddrive with a kernel, i edited lilo to dual boot it.
i was able to compile apache successfully. i was also able to strip apache down to 1.5 megs,
and it still worked. so the next step was to recompile with --enable-so. i then attempted install
php. i got a few errors and goolge led me to understand that i needed perl. so i got perl and
attempted to install it. no go. i did some more research on google and someone said that microperl
would compiled flawlessly. well i guess i'm a dummy cause i can't get it to work. i trie to use
the command "make -f Makefile.micro". but i get this error:

cc -c -o uav.o -DPERL CORE -DPERL MICRO -DSTANDARD C -DPERL USE SAFE PUTENV av.c
cc: No such file or directory
make: ***[uav.o] Error 1

well i did my research on google but i can't seem to find any good leads on what my problem is.
can anyone help me?