[uClibc] uclibc-gcc using wrong libraries when compiling?

Scott Stickeler scott at guy-smiley.com
Fri Apr 9 17:05:12 UTC 2004

Problem solved. Actually it was not really a problem at all.

First, being new to the gnu toolchain, I didn't know about the strip option.
This makes a big difference :).

Second, the reason that the binaries compiled with uclibc and glibc were exactly
the same size is that I never actually compiled anything with glibc.

There are symbolic links in the toolchain bin directory that map
powerpc-linux-xxxx to the appropriate uclibc files. Since this bin directory
was one of the first directories in my path, when I ran powerpc-linux-gcc it
was still using the uclibc executable not the powerpc-linux-gcc I had compiled
for glibc, hence the exact same file sizes.

Thanks for the responses.

-Scott