[uClibc] buildroot to bootdisk

erythros erythros at erythros.com
Tue Apr 6 01:40:31 UTC 2004

WOOT!

i found where the root_fs_i386 size was controlled. i found out that most of
my problems were from me incorrectly copying the files to a 4mb file. so by
modifing the the ext2root.mk file i was able to compress it down to 467k.
using a slim kernel with vga, ide hd, floppy, inet, and ramdisk support at
629k i can load it all from a floppy and i've got room to spare for other
small apps. the kernel has no module support. i know it'll make it smaller
and would be smarter in the long run, but i dont know what i'm doing yet.
i'm still not done cutting out stuff from the kernel either, i had to read,
and re-read the kernel config.help file to take out what i've already done.
i've done more reading and i know i can remove more. i'm sure i sound stupid
fer being excited about this, but to me this is sooo cool.

the next step fer me is to see if i can get apache and php to compile on it.
any ideas?