[uClibc] buildroot to bootdisk

erythros erythros at erythros.com
Sat Apr 3 03:49:50 UTC 2004

so i ran the buildroot and it worked. i can chroot into it, i even dropped it onto a second harddrive and added dual boot to lilo. all is well.

except that is i tried to use the root fs i386 as the file system for boot disk. linux is new to me. so needless to say it took me three days to get lilo to boot, then two days to get my kernel to load. had probs with boot.b and using the lilo from slackware 9.1. i installed lilo 22.5.8 and still no boot.b, but lilo worked... had to read about rdev fer the kernel three times before i thought i knew what i was doing.

so lilo boots, the kernel loads fine. but when the root fs i386.gz loads i get data crc errors...
it doesnt matter if i put it on the same diskette or a second one. so how do i fix this?