[uClibc] 386 floating point

david stevenson david at avoncliff.com
Mon Sep 29 16:52:38 UTC 2003

Can any one help please?

I am not gettting very far sorting out what I should do to get uClibc built
for the cs400. (a 486 clone with no hardware floating point).

As I understand I should complile uClibc with gcc option -msoft-float, but I
then get the error
Symbol __adddf3 needed by libc.a but not found in libgcc.a  (and many others)

I see Jay's mail of may2002 that says gcc a few years since included the
required functions and to look around gcc/config/*/t-*.  I am not sure what I
am looking for but I do not think it is there in 2.95.3 or 3.3.1

the gcc manual says
-msoft-float
Generate output containing library calls for floating point. Warning: the
requisite libraries are not part of GCC. Normally the facilities of the
machine's usual C compiler are used, but this can't be done directly in
cross-compilation. You must make your own arrangements to provide suitable
library functions for cross-compilation.

Does uClib include the software floating libaries I need?
If not does anyone know where I get them from?
Thanks
David