[uClibc] Floats on 486 - gcc3.3

david stevenson david at avoncliff.com
Wed Sep 24 00:11:51 UTC 2003

Hello
I am sorry if I am being a bit dumb about this but I have problems with
building uClibc with floating point support for the Amd cs400 (486 with no
fp)
I see several mailings on this subject, but I do not understand what I should
be doing.
I am using the gcc 3.3 on my host machine (P4 with fp) to compile uClibc
0.9.20
Before I set "add unresolved libgcc symbols to uClibc" in menuconfig it
complied with no errors, but when compiling Busybox I got
/uClibc/lib/libc.so: undefined reference to `__nexf2'
/uClibc/lib/libc.so: undefined reference to `__ltxf2'
/uClibc/lib/libc.so: undefined reference to `__negxf2'
/uClibc/lib/libc.so: undefined reference to `__eqxf2'
/uClibc/lib/libc.so: undefined reference to `__gexf2'
/uClibc/lib/libc.so: undefined reference to `__floatsidf'
... and many more similar.....
but after setting it I get
Symbol __adddf3 needed by libc.a but not found in libgcc.a
Symbol __divdf3 needed by libc.a but not found in libgcc.a
Symbol __divxf3 needed by libc.a but not found in libgcc.a
Symbol __eqxf2 needed by libc.a but not found in libgcc.a
Symbol __extenddfxf2 needed by libc.a but not found in libgcc.a
Symbol __fixxfsi needed by libc.a but not found in libgcc.a
.... and many more similar....
I have added -msoft-float to CFLAGS but no change.

Is this the libgcc.a of my host machine, and should it have the required
functions?
Any advice very welcome.
David