[uClibc] Uclibc latest: cannot use shared library

alain volmat avolmat at yahoo.fr
Tue Sep 16 14:40:20 UTC 2003

Hello everybody,

I've got a question which I think might be for you an
easy one ....
I'm trying to use busybox / uClibc on a SH3 big endian
system with Linux 2.4.19.
I got no problem when using busybox which is
statically compiled ... with libc (at that time I
didn't know about uClibC), but as soon as I try to run
a *hello world* program after that I got the following
"-sh: hello Not found".
I compiled uClibC on my i386 host and cross compile
the "hello" program with the wrapper that uclibc
created after making "make install" of uClibC.
I also perform make install_target to copy target
library on my target system.
Even with that, I have the problem reported before.

As a test, I tried to put libc library on my target
and in that case I can use my hello program without
any problem.

Any idea ? I'm not sure it is very easy to follow my
story.
Since it can be usefull to understand my problem, I
copy below my config file.

Sincerely,
Alain

#
# Automatically generated make config: don't edit
#

#
# Target Architecture Features and Options
#
HAVE_ELF=y
HAVE_DOT_HIDDEN=y
UCLIBC_COMPLETELY_PIC=y
# CONFIG_SH2 is not set
CONFIG_SH3=y
# CONFIG_SH4 is not set
# ARCH_LITTLE_ENDIAN is not set
ARCH_BIG_ENDIAN=y
ARCH_HAS_NO_FPU=y
UCLIBC_HAS_MMU=y
UCLIBC_HAS_FLOATS=y
UCLIBC_HAS_SOFT_FLOAT=y
# DO_C99_MATH is not set
WARNINGS="-Wall"
KERNEL_SOURCE="/home/alain/Work/kernel/linux-2.4.19"
C_SYMBOL_PREFIX=""
HAVE_DOT_CONFIG=y

#
# General Library Settings
#
DOPIC=y
HAVE_SHARED=y
# ADD_LIBGCC_FUNCTIONS is not set
BUILD_UCLIBC_LDSO=y
# FORCE_SHAREABLE_TEXT_SEGMENTS is not set
LDSO_LDD_SUPPORT=y
UCLIBC_CTOR_DTOR=y
# UCLIBC_PROFILING is not set
UCLIBC_HAS_THREADS=y
# PTHREADS_DEBUG_SUPPORT is not set
UCLIBC_HAS_LFS=y
MALLOC=y
# MALLOC_930716 is not set
# MALLOC_GLIBC_COMPAT is not set
# UCLIBC_DYNAMIC_ATEXIT is not set
HAS_SHADOW=y
UNIX98PTY_ONLY=y
ASSUME_DEVPTS=y
UCLIBC_HAS_TM_EXTENSIONS=y
UCLIBC_HAS_TZ_CACHING=y
UCLIBC_HAS_TZ_FILE=y
UCLIBC_HAS_TZ_FILE_READ_MANY=y
UCLIBC_TZ_FILE_PATH="/etc/TZ"

#
# Networking Support
#
# UCLIBC_HAS_IPV6 is not set
# UCLIBC_HAS_RPC is not set

#
# String and Stdio Support
#
UCLIBC_HAS_CTYPE_TABLES=y
UCLIBC_HAS_CTYPE_SIGNED=y
UCLIBC_HAS_CTYPE_UNSAFE=y
# UCLIBC_HAS_CTYPE_CHECKED is not set
# UCLIBC_HAS_CTYPE_ENFORCED is not set
# UCLIBC_HAS_WCHAR is not set
# UCLIBC_HAS_LOCALE is not set
# UCLIBC_HAS_HEXADECIMAL_FLOATS is not set
# UCLIBC_HAS_GLIBC_CUSTOM_PRINTF is not set
# USE_OLD_VFPRINTF is not set
UCLIBC_PRINTF_SCANF_POSITIONAL_ARGS=9
# UCLIBC_HAS_SCANF_GLIBC_A_FLAG is not set
# UCLIBC_HAS_STDIO_BUFSIZ_NONE is not set
UCLIBC_HAS_STDIO_BUFSIZ_256=y
# UCLIBC_HAS_STDIO_BUFSIZ_512 is not set
# UCLIBC_HAS_STDIO_BUFSIZ_1024 is not set
# UCLIBC_HAS_STDIO_BUFSIZ_2048 is not set
# UCLIBC_HAS_STDIO_BUFSIZ_4096 is not set
# UCLIBC_HAS_STDIO_BUFSIZ_8192 is not set
UCLIBC_HAS_STDIO_BUILTIN_BUFFER_NONE=y
# UCLIBC_HAS_STDIO_BUILTIN_BUFFER_4 is not set
# UCLIBC_HAS_STDIO_BUILTIN_BUFFER_8 is not set
UCLIBC_HAS_STDIO_GETC_MACRO=y
UCLIBC_HAS_STDIO_PUTC_MACRO=y
UCLIBC_HAS_STDIO_AUTO_RW_TRANSITION=y
# UCLIBC_HAS_FOPEN_LARGEFILE_MODE is not set
# UCLIBC_HAS_FOPEN_EXCLUSIVE_MODE is not set
# UCLIBC_HAS_GLIBC_CUSTOM_STREAMS is not set
# UCLIBC_HAS_PRINTF_M_SPEC is not set
UCLIBC_HAS_ERRNO_MESSAGES=y
# UCLIBC_HAS_SYS_ERRLIST is not set
UCLIBC_HAS_SIGNUM_MESSAGES=y
# UCLIBC_HAS_SYS_SIGLIST is not set
UCLIBC_HAS_GNU_GETOPT=y

#
# Big and Tall
#
UCLIBC_HAS_REGEX=y
# UCLIBC_HAS_WORDEXP is not set
# UCLIBC_HAS_FTW is not set
UCLIBC_HAS_GLOB=y

#
# Library Installation Options
#
SHARED_LIB_LOADER_PATH="/lib"
DEVEL_PREFIX="/usr/sh-linux-uclibc"
SYSTEM_DEVEL_PREFIX="/usr/sh-linux-uclibc"
DEVEL_TOOL_PREFIX="/usr/sh-linux-uclibc"

#
# uClibc development/debugging options
#
# DODEBUG is not set