[uClibc] compiling new keepalived against i386-uclibc-gcc

Charles Holbrook cholbrook at hi-privacy.net
Fri Sep 12 21:11:06 UTC 2003

I have made what I think is a great deal of progress as far as learning
how to compile something against uclibc for leaf-bering.  I have run
into a real snag that I can't figure out though.

All of keepalived's dependancies have been compiled agains uclibc.

gettext
|_popt
  |_openssl

All libraries are put into a seperate directory that I have pointed to
for compiling keepalived.  When I run a ./configure
--prefix=/usr/i386-linux-uclibc/ everything returns back as I want it.

However on a make it is dying.  I get the following error

Building ../bin/keepalived
../lib/scheduler.o: In function `thread_fetch':
/root/keepalived-1.1.1/lib/scheduler.c:583: undefined reference to
`sigwait'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/keepalived-1.1.1/keepalived'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have gone through and made sure it is trying to pull the correct
signal.h and it is.  I have checked for differences between the stock
one in debian and the one that is under the uclibc directory.  I have
compiled all the keepalived dependancies in a seperate directory and am
linking against them.  Is there anything special I need to do with
keepalived to get it to compile against uclibc?  I believe Peter Mueller
was the person I originally talked to about keepalived.lrp, so if your
out there any response with tips or pointers would be helpful.