[uClibc] pthread for armnommu

Andrea Scian andrea.scian at wawnet.biz
Mon Sep 8 16:19:25 UTC 2003

Hi all!
I'm using uClibc under uClinux from a while and everything works fine... but now I have an application (Kaffe JVM) that require pthreading... when I try to build it I receive the following message:

kaffe-bin.elf2flt: In function `__fork':
/home/amon/B2/sw/uClinux/uClinux-dist/uClibc/libpthread/linuxthreads/ptfork.c:91: undefined reference to `__libc_fork'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I've looked inside ptfork.c and __libc_fork is declared as extern function...
It is implemented in /libc/sysdeps/linux/common/syscall.c as:

#ifdef L___libc_fork
#include <unistd.h>
# ifdef __UCLIBC_HAS_MMU__
#define __NR___libc_fork __NR_fork
  _syscall0(pid_t, __libc_fork);
  weak_alias (__libc_fork, fork)
# else
  pid_t fork(void)
  {
   __set_errno(ENOSYS);
   return -1;
  }
# endif
#endif

it seem that __libc_fork will not be compiled under a non MMU system, in fact I have no fork support under uClinux...

Is there any way to have pthread under arm no mmu system?

Thanks in advance!