[uClibc] missing stropts.h from uClibc-0.9.21

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Fri Oct 31 00:16:56 UTC 2003

On Thu Oct 30, 2003 at 10:23:51AM -0800, Jason Huang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found uClibc-0.9.21/include/stropts.h and
> Uclibc-0.9.21/libc/sysdeps/common/bits/stropts.h are absent.
>
> Why are they excluded from the distribution?
>
> I failed to compile telnetd of inetutils-1.4.2 that requires the
> stropts.h.
>
> I manually copied them from uClibc-0.9.19.

They were removed since uClibc does not support STREAMS,
and stropts.h exists to provide STREAMS support.  Having
stropts.h but no STREAMS support causes configure scripts
to misbehave.

The latest Debian source uses an inetutils CVS snapshot named
    inetutils-20030703.tar.gz
which includes a configure check for the presence of
stropts.h and does the Right Thing(tm).  You may want to
grab inetutils from CVS, or pull that tarball from the debian
source,